This is the color and elevation we chose illustrated on an existing home.
:( I sure hope so!
Your sales rep should be able to tell you the exact date for breaking ground, but the way it works here is the local main office meets on Monday afternoon to plan out the week(which includes breaking ground). The PM usually gets notified right after the meeting or first thing Tuesday. They pretty much always break ground on Wednesdays, unless, like us, they are waiting on the permits...then they usually break ground the next day after the permits are in hand...good luck, but don't be afraid to ask either you sales rep or PM for the dates...don't let him intimidate you!!!
Thanks BD. When we had the pre-construction meeting they said that they were waiting for the land to be release to breakground but the PM said he expected it to happen pretty quickly and that we would be breaking ground this week. I sent a message to the Sales Rep last night and he said that they did not get the green light on digging yet and that he has send a message to the District Manager to find out what the hold up was. I responded and told him that the longer we wait the worst my situation gets because our tenant signed the lease and will be moving in December 1st. So if we dont settle in November we will be homeless. We have been patient but at this point we dont have time to spare. It is squeeky wheel time!
Also, to keep in the back of your mind, you won't get a firm close date until after the drywall step is completed. There are about 8 inspections that have to happen before insulation and drywall can start and anyone of them can hold things up...there is usually fluff in the schedule for these, but just wanted to make you aware. I think it is usually about 30 days after the drywall is complete.
Forgot to add...LaLady had her settlement delayed almost an entire month because the electric company hadn't yet run the electric into her development...RH had no control of that one.
I know you wish digging had already begun, but with all the flooding and the hurricane going through there, I am glad you got delayed... it may have saved you some troubles with the foundation later. Good luck, and I hope they start digging soon! *fingers crossed!