Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 30, 2011

We have new tentative range of dates...

According to our SM we should be breaking ground the week of  August 15th.  This is still a soft date because they still dont have the permits from the county.  The permits are ready but there was a mistake made on the address and the county wont release them until it is corrected.  We also have a new completion range which is the end of October to early November.  Ultimatly it all works out.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The wait continues...

Here is a quick update but not really :o(  Yesterday I heard from our SM basically bringing me up to speed on the progress of our permit processing.  The county is still processing them and he expects that they won’t be complete for another 2 weeks.  Of course this means that we won’t be settling in September.  This process only started in April and we still can’t break ground.  Our new target date is late October but I think I will just tell myself it will be November and anything earlier will be a treat.  In the meantime I will continue living vicariously through you all LOL!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Update on the status of our permits

Okay so it's been awhile since you have heard from me and that is mainly because I have been waiting on an update on the status of our permits being approved by the county.  I emailed my Sales Manager on Tuesday and this is the response I got yesterday...

"I checked Tues on status.  With the new “permit renewal’ program the County just changed to, the applications needed to go back to our engineer to verify/ be certified that they meet some new updated landscaping requirements.  That has happened and now they are back into the County. Being a new program, we have no frame of reference as to how long they will take to reprocess.  We assume no sooner than a week, but have no clue what the outside turn-a-round may be until we receive them". 

This was not exactly the news I was looking for.  I am so anxious to get started on the construction of our home.  Expecially after watching everyones progress as I have been doing.  Unfortunatly it looks like we are in for another wait.  We are 60 day out from the date we were scheduled to close and dont have permits to build.  I am praying we will be able to stick with the original plan since the loan company is requesting the required documents to submit to the broker to finalize and prepare for closing...that has to be a good sign right?  Lets hope so...

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

No news isnt always good news

Hello all,

I just wanted give you all a quick update on what is going on with our home.  The last time I checked in we were waiting on our permits that we were told would take about a week to come back from the county since they had already been issued to a previous builder.  Well I believe we are going into the 3rd or 4th week now.  I sent an inquiry to our Sales Manager and he called me back to let me know that the County has a new process which doesnt allow them to grandfather people over on previously issued permits.  He advised that it would probably be another 2-4 weeks before they are issued.  Although I am finding that this process is turning into one waiting game after another I couldnt fight my face muscles from falling into a serious Dorothy Zbornak like blank state of existance. 

This is likely to have an effect on our delivery date for sure.  I know there is a silver lining to this wait so I will wait patiently until God reveals it to me and when the time comes we will move to the next phase which is breaking ground.  In the meantime I will find out from our Loan Officer if she can give us an updated good faith estimate to give us a better idea of what we need to bring to closing since we added so many upgrades.  To end this post on a lighter note, I had a wonderful fourth of July and ate like a pig at a few cookouts.  I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday and ate as much as I did!